Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Missing the sound of "my box"

I used to have a box...well...it's not really mine but let's just say, for a time, I treated it as my own. It carried me with every beat it makes...it soared and lifted my spirit or it soothed me as it would slow down...the beating becoming more gentle. Singing in praise and worship melts all my concerns away. These months, I have grown to find more meaning in my gift of music because this time it is for Someone special. But last night, I found myself missing something - that familiar sound that usually carries me so high as I sing my heart out. The drumbeat that pacifies me and melts all my worries away. It has been missing for quite some time now and I don't know when I'll be hearing it again. It never really made any difference to me until last night. For some reason, the music just felt a bit hollow. Like it lacked depth and that familiar beating that pounds every measure of each song...which confirms the happiness of every melody. I don't really know if I'll ever hear my box again...maybe soon...maybe never...but whatever happens...I will keep on listening to my box through my memory forever.