Monday, October 27, 2008

A haunting memory...

Have you ever made the painful decision of turning your back on someone you love because you know that it's the best you can do for that person? I did, not too long ago. Looking back, I try to recall what made this person special. Well, he was like me in some respects. We tend to wear our hearts on our sleeve. He loves the people around him and cares for them JUST BECAUSE he does. Never mind if he'll get "pogi" points for it but I vividly remember how he extends an extra mile for anyone...regardless. He loves God too...hangs on to Him for dear life and though he's fully aware of his transgressions, goes running back to Him in sincere repentance and serves Him like there's no tomorrow. Yes, that was my special guy...

For a brief period I guess I made his day...(at least) as much as he made mine. It is truly a blessing to be able to share and fully express your love as if there will be no tomorrow that will come. It is a special treat to wake up to a familiar voice that encourages you to embrace a new day. But sometimes, such an experience is not meant to last long...especially when everything was not in accordance to His will for us. So, I had to let go. It was something we knew, will happen but how interesting it is that awareness to what is and what will happen still made it difficult for us to let go and move on. Well, at least for me it was and continues to be so. Imagine how much you try to remain cool and collected when deep down you still hurt. Hurt because as much as you still feel the love, you know that you need to let him be...because everything should not happen at your own terms or by your own choosing. It's His. It's God's.