Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Thanks DAD

I woke up feeling tired and restless. I decided to start the day by having my personal time with my "Big Boss" and as I did, I anticipated what His message for me will be for today. I was led to read Hebrews 11 which was about faith. And if that was not enough, his words over mass today was also about faith - how narrow the road will be for those who will choose to follow and obey Him. How we are called to be firm and steadfast during trying times as He will stay true to His promise of never letting us go. I had so many foolish questions when I woke up as well as unexplained feelings of doubt, anxiety, weariness and agitation. Though a big part of me still celebrate each day that I overcame my daily trials, I can't seem to fully shake-off the fatigue that seems to have been building up for months now. So just like the stubborn child who ran out of ways to solve her seemingly complicated jigsaw puzzle, I ran to my "Dad", my ABBA FATHER. And like the ever doting father, He laughed and embraced me tightly while He made each piece fit. Until now, I am emotionally overwhelmed by today's experience that I need to express myself or else I will burst! From Hebrews 11, today's gospel and even to the song sung at mass earlier, my Dad was talking to me. His message was simple but says everything: BE STILL.

I know this will not be the end of these episodes...I'm stubborn, remember? But it is just so comforting to know that when it does happen, I can always look up and envision that familiar smile...feel that comforting warmth in my heart then I will just know. I know that all my questions are answered...all my concerns are taken cared of.